Monday, August 27, 2012

Pin Interst started the day

Okay spent some time today on Pin interest.  Did some laundry, and read some thing about how this Toshiba laptop has a way to get some free bokds on it.  However for some reason all the books I want to read cost!  Go figure, whemmm.  Just my luck not to be a big classics fan or maybe t's just about me having read most of the free books offered.  Read this to say-lived in boring little rual areas for years (decades really) where I read allot as some of the places only had 2 TV stations (NBC_ Klamath falls on the bounce) & ABC (Portland) in winter CBS-Portland & ABC (Eugene) summer) which were grainy at best and two radio stations to pick from until I was much more experienced in life (this means older).  Read Pioneer Women's notes on blogging, today.  She said to write in my own style.  Okay, I must do that cause I do not play well with being something I am not.  She said to write often, I am trying to get the knack of doing that.  PW said to write about my life.  Well it's the one I know the best that is what I am trying to do.  She said to love my viewers.  If you all loved closer I would have you all for coffee! or Lunch, Or TEA but something where we could chat.  In my world having someone to share your meal with will that is loving you because I feed you (coffee means cookies, pies, lunch, sweet tea, tea, small cut out sandwiches with the crust cut off even I would do for you) being Luthern means to share a meal is to share God's Love and Word in action.  I would even let you clean my house cuz I hate to clean alone and, well, we would talk as we did clean house maybe get a pizza to share and drinks so we could continue to have fun then next time we meet at your place to clean AKA gab.  Then she said something that will be me hardest to do that is to spell good and use English also known as grammer correctly.  If you know me you will know this is an area of my life I struggle with day in and day out.  Well as I only know English I had part of that done, but the spelling and grammar part may be me hardest things for me to reach for and thrive doing.  I will try and use spell check and there will be attempts at always using fair to good grammar with some funning now and then written in but I know I will write a he for a she and a to for too so "bear" with me and help me find those errors that are mine and my own to "bare". 

 I have been looking at chickens again for ordering.  Old Army Man wants to have chickens again.   He is also missing duck as one of our meats.  His grandparents had a hunting lodge they had ducks and goose often in the fall and winter.  Froze what they did not use for summer meals.  I miss the taste of the home raised eggs.  Duck or Chicken even the goose (or is it geese) eggs were tastier than those I get from the store now.  We have free range poultry or did now we are fixing up an enclosure so the hawks and raccoons can be kept out and we get to keep our critters rather than be a smorgasbord for the wildlife nearby. 


You know that I am even thinking of raising (gulp) fryers.  Turkey, rabbit, guineas, duck, goose, and chicken.  I love chicken and dumplings and old hens make such good chicken and dumplings.  It may seem like it takes two days to get the flavor good and the meat soft, but it is something ever so good.  Mom use to go get capon fryers now and then, even looking into how to raise (capon) them.  I am liking the idea of a chicken plucker.  Then would need a barn, and a...well a girl has to make her lists or there never will be hope.  Just hoping I can live so long as to see and do the a few more of the things in life I hoped to do as a child. 

Better go now I feel like doing another load of dishes and well better get to it before the passion passes and we have lost all hope of dinner dishes for this evening. 

Take care,

Old Mossback

 

No comments:

Post a Comment