Tuesday, August 7, 2012

I have started my blog. Now what?

Mossback Tough starts today with a bite of freedom for a change.  These last three years has had me driving more than riding with my husband places.  Old army man has had better days leaving me to test each morning to see how the wind blows with him.  Why you may ask am I calling myself Mossback Tough?  A mossback is an old bull that has been around so much he has moss growing on him.  Well I am tough, I feel the weather more now than decades ago, I have been tested time and again, plus I just keep going for one reason or another. 



Leaving in Western Oregon I have owned clothing left out in the spring or fall that has growing moss on it.  When I lived in the coast range I would leave college in the morning pulling old man's beard moss down to get into the car under the oak trees then on the way back I would have to stop somedays and pull the old's man's beard moss off the tree limbs so I could get back to the small cabin we lived in back them.  28 acres of timberland with a 3 acre field and a two acre house and garden area around the small old wood heated cabin in the woods that had a small barn we had to pass by to get home.  There were streams to cross and miles of unpaved roads to travel to get home each night after work.  We raised over an acre of garden, a few head of sheep, a few horses, and trouble of our own doing back then by the time we had two children I had finish college, the depression of the 80's and the spotted owl forced us out of the cabin and into city living.  Strange what things like pizza delivery and a store closer than 7 miles away can do to a lifestyle.



I hope to cover tough times and hope of recovery, life and death, today and yesterday, not sure what I need to say just that I am to do this blog.  I will stumble, fall not sure it will go anywhere lets just say for now it is mine.  Something I must do for myself. 



I will try and find from time to time things I do that lead to a better life, follow our improvents on our bank repo we purchased, our animals, our goals, children and grandchildren, things that make life go around be it church events, cowboy life, or things that move me. 

Come back soon you here in the mean time Take Care,  Mossback

No comments:

Post a Comment